Oracle implementation & bespoke CRM integration
Technology-driven alignment with GDPR compliance
The business case
PWC Ireland’s traditional route to market was through partners, with a skeleton internal sales team. Recognising the risk this presented while observing a shift in the financial services market, PWC Ireland undertook a review of their strategy and concluded that they needed to reach a wider audience and take more control of their decision-making. Marketing automation was identified as a scalable solution that would enable PWC Ireland to leverage their internal CRM data assets, but as this business case was proposed when GDPR was on the horizon, regulatory compliance also became a major consideration.
The vendor decision
As a vendor-agnostic consultant, BluprintX provided independent advice on the marketing automation platforms which would best fit with the client’s existing CRM system – leading to Oracle being selected as the preferred solution.
Part of a wider group, PWC Ireland must follow certain processes and adopt standardised technologies – specifically the CRM. While Oracle emerged as the best fit with the in-house CRM system, the integration was not going to be without challenge.
The corporate CRM held all opportunity, customer and contact data, however it was not designed to efficiently support the use of this data for marketing purposes. The lack of connectivity with the CRM made it difficult to make informed business decisions.
A bespoke integration with the Oracle platform was the key to activating the available data, but this process was further complicated by the introduction of GDPR. How could the integration be completed while ensuring robust processing and compliant handling of data?
As a specialist partner experienced in business processes, people, and technology, BluprintX brought a wealth of expertise and experience that gave PWC Ireland the confidence to move forward with the integration. Guiding key stakeholders, marketing, compliance & risk and partners through the process, BluprintX instilled trust in the transition.
BluprintX designed a bespoke system integration with a focus on fulfilling the business and partner requirements. Given the GDPR compliance consideration and the speed from implementation to go-live, BluprintX only integrated data points which provided value.
As part of the Oracle system set-up, BluprintX implemented a best practice preference centre.
To support adoption, BluprintX hosted a series of training sessions and workshops for the marketing team.
Working with the PWC Ireland marketing team, BluprintX identified the following as priority objectives:
- Efficiently onboard the 30-strong marketing team and ensure they had the confidence and skills to use the platform in-house.
- Deliver a GDPR compliant integration that would enable the marketing team to execute campaigns with confidence.
- Fast-track time-to-value by minimising the time from implementation to go-live.
- Deliver improved data visibility throughout the business and with partners.
- 250 metrics now visible to partners to aid decision making.
- Reduction in GDPR major issues from 3 to 0 with the implementation of a best practice preference centre.
- Technology utilisation up 45% due to increased/improved adoption processes.
- From implementation to usage in 12 weeks. Full business roll-out.
“Bluprint developed the foundations to bring about marketing change for PwC Ireland”