Marketo implementation & adoption
Tiqets fully implements marketing automation in 60 days
The business case
Since its formation in 2014, Tiqets has been on a mission to make culture more accessible by helping people discover and enjoy museums and attractions around the globe. A fast-growing start-up, the company has developed a strong B2B offering that supports supplier venues and affiliates.
With the business experiencing exponential growth in a relatively short period of time, its marketing processes had manually evolved with little review. So, when a new Head of Brand Marketing came on board, a compelling business case was put forward which emphasised the need for more efficient operations and accurate data to inform future B2B strategy and spend.
The vendor decision
Having identified Marketing Automation as the technology which would best address the business needs, Marketo emerged as the preferred platform based on its widely developed ecosystem and ease of integration with Salesforce.
The investment in Marketo was driven by the need to automate manual marketing processes and deliver detailed data on performance. While system implementation was initially planned to be handled by an in-house team member, shortly after set-up commenced, they transitioned to a different role – leaving the marketing department with the challenge of how to move forward.
It quickly became apparent that the marketing team didn’t have the skillset to manage the technical implementation. It was also clear that results had to be demonstrated to justify the investment – and fast.
As an agile business, Tiqets looked for an implementation partner that shared their values and could deliver at pace. After finding BluprintX had a base in the Netherlands and a team on the ground, Tiqets entrusted its technical set-up to one of the company’s Marketo Certified Solutions Architects.
Working closely alongside the Tiqets marketing team, BluprintX was quick to understand their pain points and identify how existing processes could be refined and enhanced as part of a Marketo set-up.
Bi-monthly emails to existing venues suppliers using MailChimp were replaced with a fully automated set-up in Marketo that included lead scoring, best practice campaign templates and triggered email programmes.
As a start-up, it was important for Tiqets to secure independence with the system once the initial set-up was complete. BluprintX ensured this by not only training the marketing team to implement campaigns, but also by upskilling the Salesforce administrator to manage Marketo essentials in-house.
Above all, BluprintX’s approach was to get Tiqets operational with Marketo as quickly as possible. This was achieved by creating a fast-track roadmap before the project commenced and 15, 30 and 60-day milestones being agreed in advance.
Tiqets also benefits from quarterly business reviews with BluprintX that gives them the opportunity to discuss any areas for improvement, as well as feedback on how they are performing as compared to businesses on a similar transformational journey.
- Shift resources to focus more on lead generation and content marketing.
- Enable the Tiqets marketing team to implement e-marketing campaigns within 30 days.
- Ensure Tiqets could independently manage Marketo in-house post initial set-up.
- Create a Marketo ecosystem that supports event programmes.
- Deliver data and reports that support the effective evaluation of all digital marketing activities.
- Fully integrate marketing’s platform of choice (Marketo) and sales team’s CRM (Salesforce).
The ultimate business outcome for Tiqets was demonstrating value from the Marketo investment. This started to be seen in just 15 days when the first email campaigns were launched, followed by the ability to track a trade show after 30 days. While COVID-19 hit just as Tiqets was becoming fully operational with Marketo, they have still been able to leverage the platform to drive marketing performance.
For example, by integrating Marketo with Zoom, Tiqets has been able to launch and manage a webinar programme for its supply venues that tracks engagement.
Key metrics included:
- Before migrating to Marketo, the contact database included a few thousand members. Since the move to Marketo, the database has grown over five times in size, with more than half of those opted in for e-marketing.
- Since implementing Marketo, Tiqets has been able to run webinars and gated content campaigns, and replaced Salesforce contact us forms with Marketo ones. In 2020 this led to thousands of form fills, and is already on track to double that in 2021.
- By utilising the lead scoring system implemented by BluprintX, Tiqets has been able to score all prospects that come through the system and deliver monthly MQLs to the sales team. In 2020, hundreds of MQLs were generated. In the first two months of 2021, it was already on pace to enter into the thousands.
- More than one campaign was published per week, reaching 67 in the first year. This included activities such as email campaigns, newsletters, nurture programmes and webinars.
“BluprintX really immersed themselves in our business and team strategy. Their hands-on approach and energy when it came to speed of set-up was a real success factor in this implementation. Being able to bring in a technical expert to get us through the initial adoption phase was critical, and it’s definitely laid the foundations we needed to go on and deliver a return on the marketing investment – and we’ve only just started!
“We’ve gone from spending 90% of our budget on B2B events – with no tracking – to having full visibility of which channels deliver the best return. We couldn’t have got here without BluprintX.”
Rachel Grate, Head of Brand Marketing, Tiqets